Company History 2019-03-28T16:51:23+02:00

SIROCCO Company History

2016

SIROCCO moves into the new headquarters in Vienna’s 23rd district, Adamovichgasse 3

Market launch of ventilation and fire dampers to be used in metro tunnels and stations.

Manufacturing of tube heat exchangers at SIROCCO in Vienna

2015

Development of a damper range for industrial application, sales launch for the fields of mining, process industry and ventilation systems.

2014

Acquisition of SIROCCO by the SCHAKO Holding Switzerland, integration into to the SCHAKO Group

Schako Group Logo

2006

Production of cooling units for electric drive of Vienna’s U6 new underground trains

2001

Founding of SIROCCO Polska in Zabrze as a manufacturing facility for industrial fans and ventilation dampers

Halle

1993

Development of cooling units for electric drive of Vienna’s low-floor-trams ULF

1986

Start of manufacturing of smoke exhaust and ventilation louver dampers for roads and railway tunnels

Tunnelklappen

1983

Takeover of the company Simon with all business activities, manufacturing and sales of heat exchangers, industrial fans and filter systems.

1980

Takeover of 50 % of all shares each by the CEOs Franz Gegenbauer and Hans Christian Metz

1939

Acquisition of SIROCCO by the family Otto Sweceny

1911

Start of manufacturing industrial fans in Vienna

1903

Closing of a license deal by White, Child & Beney with Davidson & Comp. covering production and sales rights of SIROCCO industrial fans

Start of sales of SIROCCO centrifugal and axial fans in Vienna

Zentrifugal-Ventilator

1898

Invention of the multi blade rotor by Davidson & Comp. in Belfast. This marks the birth of the SIROCCO FORWARD BLADED CENTRIFUGAL FAN as well as the brand SIROCCO

1888

Founding of the Viennese subsidiary of the British company White, Child & Beney for trading with machines and technical articles